ABOUT DON WAGGONER
|Your liberty and your future are at stake in the criminal courtroom, and you should not value them lightly. Your defense of the criminal charges against you is only as good as the lawyer you choose to defend you. Choosing Kissimmee and Orlando Criminal Defense Lawyer Don Waggoner to lead your criminal courtroom battle is the best move to begin your battle. Here are his qualifications:
- Cameron University, Lawton, Oklahoma-Bachelor of Science in Political Science, 1991
- Nova-Southeastern University, Shephard Broad School of Law -Juris Doctor, 1994
- 2005-Present-Private Practice - Don Waggoner Law, P.A. -Criminal Defense
- 1994-2004 - Assistant Public Defender - 9th Judicial Circuit, Orlando, Kissimmee, FL
Highlights of Criminal Defense:
- Represented more than 6000 persons accused of crimes, adults and juveniles
- 175 Jury Trials, including two (2) capital murder trials (non-death penalty, won 1, lost 1)
- Two (2) appellate arguments before the 5th District Court of Appeals
- National Criminal Defense College, Macon, GA, 1998
- Selected as the PD office Legal Eagle 2003, 2004
Legal Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Florida - 1994; State Bar of Texas - 2004
- United States Supreme Court - 2005
- United States 11th Circuit Court of Appeals - 2008
- United States Middle District of Florida - 1995
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL)
- Texas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (TACDL)
- Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (CFACDL)
- Orange County (Florida) Bar Association (OCBA)
- Osceola County (Florida) Bar Association (OCBA)
- United States Army Field Artillery -Staff Sergeant - 1971-1991 (retired)
- Operation Just Cause (Panama) - 1989-1990
- Defense Language Institute, Monterey CA (German)-1993
- Brigade 75 (Ft. Hood, TX/Grafenwoehr, Germany)-1975/1977
- Drill Sergeant- Ft. Sill, OK- 1978-1979
- Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year, 2nd Armored Division, 1977
- Butzbach, Germany - 1972-1974; Wertheim and Bamberg Germany - 1983-1988
- Uijonbu, Korea - 1979-1980
- Ft. Hood, Ft. Polk, Ft.Sill, Ft. Ord
Questions I Will Answer At Your Consultation:
- What defenses do I have?
- What are my options?
- I’m a first time offender, what am I looking at?
- Will I go to jail?
- What effect will this have on my record, my employment, or my driver’s license?
Should You Hire a Lawyer or Bond Out First?
Hire the lawyer first. He might be able to get your bond lowered and he is much more important to you in the case than the bondsman is.
Save the bond money for your attorney. Your attorney does not want to leave you in jail. Your attorney will be there to help you seek a lower bond, and then to advocate and fight for your innocence and freedom. If you do get convicted, only your attorney will be there to fight for a lower sentence. Only your attorney will listen to your side of the story and present it in your defense in court.
And you won’t be able to afford an attorney if you spend all or most of your money on the bondsman.